Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Pie and crochet

It's a little known fact that making a pumpkin pie and crochet go very well together. As long as you don't dip your yarn in the pie, or the accompanying cup of tea. This is easily accomplished by not keeping your yarn in the kitchen. Easier said than done when I have orders to fill! I'm about halfway done with Bethany's scarf and got the purple for DeeDee's scarf. Wheee!!


Today's experiment is a sugar free pumpkin pie on an almond crust. I wanted to check it out and make sure everything was good before the big T Day, which is coming up really fast! I have most of the stuff I need though except for a few small items we're golden. Looking forward to a long weekend with fam for sure.

Here's a link to the recipe I used. I just put in about 3/4 cup of splenda instead of the sugar. I've found that if you use the entire amount listed, replacing one cup sugar with one cup splenda, it's just too sweet. This also saves me money because you pretty much have to sell a limb or a child to afford it. 'sigh

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Libbys-Famous-Pumpkin-Pie/Detail.aspx

Libby's(R) Famous Pumpkin Pie RecipeLibby's(R) Famous Pumpkin Pie RecipeLibby's(R) Famous Pumpkin Pie Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment